Wednesday, October 8, 2008
You know you have a great kid when...
Yesterday was a long day for Cyle and I. Cyle worked from 7 until 330 at which point he and I saw each other for less than a minute as we were handing over child/car until I returned home at 1020. When I called to see how things were going for them, I got a very frustrated husband and heard a screaming baby...I really couldn't do anything. Cyle was left to deal with the situation by himself. When I got home he told me a nice little story. He said he was at his breaking point of trying to figure out what it was that Xander wanted (he had tried everything). They were in the family room laying down on a mattress from our recent slumber party and Cyle said he was about to cry (it was that bad). All of a sudden he said Xander stopped crying, turned to Cyle and Cyle said "Hi Xander". Xander looked at him and then promptly crawled over to his daddy and gave him a big Xander Kiss (grabbed his face and open mouth kissed all over his face). Xander was trying everything he could to make his daddy feel better. Cyle said that it was almost as if he could hear him say "Don't worry daddy, you are doing a good job taking care of me." Love that kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Okay, so I cried at that one. I have had days like that. When sweet things like that happen, you know that everything you do for your child is worth it. I love you both!
Mom West
that is the cutest thing i have heard!! Go Daddy Cyle!
Post a Comment